Frederik Tivemark

Användarens profilbild
Tive

Frederik Tivemark

Inlägg av Tive »

Ok, maybe it's time...

My name is Frederik Tivemark, i'm 49 years old by now, and i'm working at Atlas Copco as an traveling Technical service engineer.
My obsession with lanterns started about 10-15 years ago, and the very reason for this was that my grandfather had a little summer house out on an small island and there is no electricity there.
He used to run an little gasoline generator charging a battery that kept a small system running on 12V DC, however every year in the dark nights of August when it was time for crayfishing, this was not good enough for him, you need to have great light output and a portable lantern, so he lit up a couple of lanterns, one 1950's Optimus 300 and one much older Radius 119, i believe that the Radius was left on the island by a previous owner.
We kids really liked these lanterns, but my grandma did not, i think she was affraid of the lanterns because sometimes my grandfaather did not preheat the generator enough with huge flames as a result : )
Many years later the glass globe on the Optimus cracked during a rain storm, and the Radius would not hold pressure, i needed spares and searched the internet, i came in contact with Mr shinzo Kono in Japan and he wanted me to find him some Swedish lanterns which i did, and he wanted to trade only, the result was that i ended up with two Colemans and one Hasag lantern ( 1964 Coleman 200, 1925 Coleman 427 & 1940's circa Hasag 35L )
Today i have about 100 lanterns and lamps, and just a few stoves.
I think my Swedish fellow colectors thinks that i'm a Coleman nut, but thats not really true even though i have alot of them.
My favorite lanterns ? well' for function i'd say Optimus 200/930 and Coleman 200A but for pure looks maybe the Primus 1001 1020, and the Hasags.
i'm a man of many interests, not only lanterns, i drive a 1955 Pontiac Star cheif soft custom style, and before that one i had one 1965 Chevrolet Malibu SS, i also used to own an old 1951 Volvo firetruck.
Also i've been in to aeroplanes, used to fly sailplanes ( soaring ) a few years back, thinking of taking that up again. and i do have a Rock a billy band called Stick Shift Henry & The warbirds http://www.stickshifthenry.com and i have a small but nice collection of guitars aswell.
I also build scale models of Cars and aeroplanes mainly in 1/24 and 1/48 scale respectively,

Well thats about it i guess / regards Frederik